Just a little help!
Hello and thank you for your reservation here at the Maison Tranquille.
We are a small Hotel /Chambre d'hote set in the Gorges du Tarn on the principal road,the D907.
From here you can reach Millau in 30 minutes,St Enemie in 35 minutes,Florac in 50 minutes,or the main town Mende in 50-60 minutes.
It is possible to reach Montpellier in 2 hours and the airport there in 2.5 hours.
The airport of Rodez is 1.30 hours away by car.
Within 10 minutes by car and after a steep climb,you will find yourselves in the Heart of the Cevennes National Park, now protected since 2011 by UNESCO.
The area here is quite unique in that it is the least populated region of France,but it has some of the finest outdoor activities and some of the most stunning views you could ever wish to see in France.
Your time here may be limited so we have compiled a little information for you,so that you may be able to plan ahead,or at least answer some of the questions you may have about your visit.
- Places to visit and of interest.
- Aven Armand (grotte) www.aven-armand.com
- Grotte Dargilan www.grotte-dargilan.com
- Chaos de Montpellier-le-Vieux www.montpellierlevieux.com
- Abīme de Bramabiau www.abime-de-bramabiau.com
- La Couvertoirade village of the Templar knights www.lacouvertoirade.com
- Grands Causses - regional natural parc.
- Meteo Centre Monte Aigual www.aigoual.fr
- There are many more places to see,most of them within an hour of Les Vignes,but to make touring from here easier we can recommend the best routes to save time and wasted fuel.
- During the summer months there are plenty of Markets and Fetes along and around the gorges,and some of the traditional music and dance of this region can be found.(well worth the effort)
- We keep all local information at the house and WIFI is available for you to use.
Bateliers of La Malene.
Gentle guided shallow boat tour from La Malene to the Pas de Soucy
Both companies provide equipment hire,first class service,and are child friendly check for minimum age/height..
www.canoeblanc.com La Malene
www.le-soulio.com Le Cirque des Baumes
Bicycle Hire and equipment all new..Pick up and drop off service.Child friendly; check when booking.
From easy to difficult there are over 100 climbs to chose from both here at the Cirque des Baumes and the nearby Gorges de la Jonte.
Hundreds of Kilometers to choose from.Experience not nescessary but good equipment is a must.Walking guides and degrees of difficulty are available and we can provide the outline and maps for some routes.Good maps are available from the tabac in Le Rozier.There are plenty of walking suggestions from sites you search on the internet.
Tandem flights with the most experience instructors/pilots.
Not for the faint hearted,but a must once in your life.
New event from 2011 becoming more popular as an event for the younger and more active.Everyone we have staying here for this activity says it is a brilliant experience.
Information you need to know before arriving.
There is hardly any form of public transport.
There are Bakers,Grocers,Tabacs,and Newsagent,but apart from a few weeks in high season they will be closed at lunchtime for at least 2 hours.
Hire cars are available, but only in Millau (25kms) or Mende(40 Kms)or at Montpellier airport or Rodez.